By Kate Gatski and Kate Shoup from Starting an Etsy Business For Dummies, 2nd Edition
Suppose you stock your Etsy shop with items of a similar size. In that case, it may behoove you to create a shipping profile. A shipping profile is simply a collection of shipping - related settings that you can apply to item listings in one fell swoop instead of entering them one by one
Before you create a shipping profile, you want to sort out how much it costs to ship your item based on its size, weight, and shipping method. If you plan to ship internationally, you need to get a hand le on how much that method will cost also. For help, contact your shipping provider. Note that you want to factor in any costs associated with packaging when calculating your shipping charges
To create a shipping profile, log in to your Etsy account and follow these steps:
1. Click the Your Shop link along the top of any Etsy page.
2. Click the Shipping & Payment link, under Shop Settings, on the left side of the
The Shipping & Payment page opens, with the Shipping Profiles tab displayed.
3. Click the Create New Profile button.
The Create Shipping Profile page opens
4. In the Profile Name field, type a descriptive name for your profile.
For example, if the profile is for items in your jewelry line, type Jewelry.
5. Click the Processing Time drop-down list, and specify how long it will take you to process each order.
6. Click the Items Ship From drop-down list, and choose your country of residence.
7. If you want to set shipping rates on a country-by-country basis, click the Country
Specific Shipping drop-down list and choose a country; then click the Add button.
The Country Specific Shipping area expands to include a Cost field and a With
Another Item field.
8. Enter the shipping cost for buyers in the selected country in the Cost field and
then type the cost for shipping for purchases sent with another item in the With Another Item field.
9. Repeat steps 7 and 8 to add more countries to your shipping profile.
Don’t forget to add your own country of residence in the Country Specific Shipping area!
10. To quickly set options for an entire region, such as the EU, click the Set Shipping Costs for Multiple Countries in a Predefined Region link.
The Regional Shipping area expands to include a drop-down list.
11. Click the Regional Shipping drop-down list and choose the region for which you want to set shipping options; then click the Add button.
The Regional Shipping area expands further to include a Cost field and a With Another Item field.
12. Enter the shipping cost for buyers in the selected region in the Cost field, and then type the cost for shipping for purchases sent with another item in the With Another Item field.
13. If you’re willing to ship anywhere in the world, click the Everywhere Else check box to select it.
14. Enter the shipping cost for buyers in all other countries in the Cost field, and then type the cost for shipping for purchases sent with another item in the With Another Item field.
15. Click the Create Shipping Profile button.
Etsy saves your shipping profile.
If you need to, you can edit your shipping profile. To do so, follow steps 1 and 2 to access the Shipping Profiles tab, click the View Profile drop-down list and choose the desired profile, adjust your settings as needed, and click the Save Changes button.